Software Developer Java
The Software Developer is responsible for the implementation of software components for the HomeSend solution as defined by the Architect and/or the Technical Lead. You must be autonomous and experienced enough so you can create, review and interpret the software architecture and design concepts.
The position is based in our office near Grenoble – France.
- Writing, reviewing and interpreting the design documents to match the requirement specifications
- Delivery and maintenance of software development including the corresponding technical documentation
- Managing unit and integration tests, including the development and maintenance of automated tests when applicable, to ensure a good quality of the delivery
- Problems analysis and solving
- Participating in improving our software development (processes, tools, technologies…
Main Working Partners
The software developer works closely with the Architect, the Technical Lead, the Project Manager and the other developers and test engineers. He/she works with the operations team for the delivery and the support of software components. He/she may volunteer for guard duty.
All about you
- Must be comfortable with:
- Java language and JEE concepts,
- Unixes, in particular Linux and Solaris,
- Oracle DB,
- Web Services concepts,
- Software building toolchain, in particular Maven/Ant.
- Must be able to:
- Adapt to and learn new technologies, languages, libraries,
- Write technical documentation in a correct English
- Highly recommended (any of the following):
- Good knowledge of development method and design patterns,
- Good knowledge of the HTTP protocol stack (from IP routing to SSL),
- Good technical culture
- Highly appreciated (any of the following):
- Knowledge in high-availability patterns, scalability designs, in-memory caching,
- Network programming,
- Software security,
- Database administration,
- Web programming,
- Mobile application programming.
- Domain knowledge
- Exposure to payment solutions (online/offline), financial and/or banking applications, money transfer ecosystems is a plus
- Project management skills
- Ability to achieve agreed deliverables, monitor and report progress.
- Must be autonomous, and able to estimate the workload for a task.
- Strong “can do” attitude.
- Communication skills
- Ability to work and interact effectively in a multi-cultural team.
Spoken and written technical English is mandatory.