Financial Planning Analyst
All About Us
HomeSend is a leading player in the revolution to transform the way funds flow cross-border. It is designed to work with banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more helping them modernize the way they make and receive cross-border payments so they can provide a better service to their end-users.
Our backbone is our comprehensive global network which enables ‘paying’ Financial Institutions (banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more) to transfer funds to ‘receiving’ Financial Institutions in a way that is safe, swift, and cost-effective.
HomeSend is a joint venture of Mastercard (majority shareholder) and eServGlobal that specializes in cross-border payments.
• The (Accounting &) Financial Planning Analyst will be working within the small Finance Team, directly reporting to the Chief Financial Officer
• Responsible for the end-to-end monthly closing process, jointly with GBSC (Global Business Services Center, a Mastercard shared services center)
• Responsible for budgeting and forecasting short and long-term plans
• Preparing and analyzing reports from/for internal and external stakeholders
• Activities include managing risks and opportunities, monitoring the organization’s revenue and expenses while considering macro-economic factors
• Gain a good understanding of the HomeSend business to be able to support the monthly closing activities (Oracle)
• Drive the E2E monthly close activities with a focus on the core business
• Perform Balance sheet reconciliations as well as basic financial analysis
• Assist with preparing and/or updating designated financial reports (including reports to the National Bank of Belgium)
• Drive the US GAAP to BE GAAP conversion for quarterly statutory reporting
• Assist with building and maintaining basic tools and reports (i.e. MIS, Board deck; Hyperion Management reporting)
• Support the quarterly forecast and annual target and budget process by analyzing performance, producing management reporting, consolidating information and tracking changes
• Own the audit and tax related tasks for 2 legal entities (Belgium and France)
• Be the main operational contact for the auditors and the Tax advisors
• Work on the accounting activities and tasks
All About You
• Do you have an interest in the Fintech environment?
• Numbers and high volume data do not frighten you?
• Do you want to work in a collaborative and start-up environment, running a global business?
• Analytical skills is important
• Degree in business management/engineering, accounting or equivalent
• Minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience
• Demonstrated initiative in building relationships with colleagues and stakeholders from multiple areas
• Highly organized and able to manage multiple finance and accounting related tasks at the same time, in a global environment, including some operational tasks
• Experience resolving basic issues in a timely and efficient manner, begins to gain exposure to the resolution of complex issues
• Strong knowledge of Excel and its commands
• Solid relationship-building and communication skills
• Fluent in English (written and spoken), French and/or Dutch is a plus