Software Developer Java
All About Us
HomeSend is a leading player in the revolution to transform the way funds flow cross-border. It is designed to work with banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more helping them modernize the way they make and receive cross-border payments so they can provide a better service to their end-users.
Our backbone is our comprehensive global network which enables ‘paying’ Financial Institutions (banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more) to transfer funds to ‘receiving’ Financial Institutions in a way that is safe, swift, and cost-effective.
HomeSend is a joint venture of Mastercard (majority shareholder) and eServGlobal that specializes in cross-border payments.
The Software Developer Java is responsible for the implementation of software components for the HomeSend solution as defined by the Architect and/or the Technical Lead. He/she also closely works and partners with the Project Manager, the other Developers, the Testing Engineers, and the Operations Team for the delivery and the support of software components.
He/she must be autonomous and experienced enough to create, review and interpret the software architecture and design concepts. He/she may volunteer for guard duty.
- Writing, reviewing and interpreting the design documents to match the requirement specifications
- Delivery and maintenance of software development including the corresponding technical documentation
- Managing unit and integration tests, including the development and maintenance of automated tests when applicable, to ensure a good quality of the delivery
- Problems analysis and solving
- Participating in improving our software development (processes, tools, technologies…
All About You
- Must be comfortable with:
- Java language and JEE concepts,
- Unixes, in particular Linux and Solaris,
- Oracle DB,
- Web Services concepts,
- Software building toolchain, in particular Maven/Ant.
- Must be able to:
- Adapt to and learn new technologies, languages, libraries,
- Write technical documentation in a correct English
- Highly recommended (any of the following):
- Good knowledge of development method and design patterns,
- Good knowledge of the HTTP protocol stack (from IP routing to SSL),
- Good technical culture
- Highly appreciated (any of the following):
- Knowledge in high-availability patterns, scalability designs, in-memory caching,
- Network programming,
- Software security,
- Database administration,
- Web programming,
- Mobile application programming.
- Domain knowledge
- Exposure to payment solutions (online/offline), financial and/or banking applications, money transfer ecosystems is a plus
- Project management skills
- Ability to achieve agreed deliverables, monitor and report progress.
- Must be autonomous, and able to estimate the workload for a task.
- Strong “can do” attitude.
- Communication skills
- Ability to work and interact effectively in a multi-cultural team.
Spoken and written technical English is mandatory.