All About Us
HomeSend is a leading player in the revolution to transform the way funds flow cross-border. It is designed to work with banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more helping them modernize the way they make and receive cross-border payments so they can provide a better service to their end-users.
Our backbone is our comprehensive global network which enables ‘paying’ Financial Institutions (banks, mobile money operators, money transfer organizations and more) to transfer funds to ‘receiving’ Financial Institutions in a way that is safe, swift, and cost-effective.
HomeSend is a joint venture of Mastercard (majority shareholder) and eServGlobal that specializes in cross-border payments.
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations impose growing controls on prospects and existing customers. To assist in those tasks, HomeSend is looking for an AML Manager.
The candidate will manage the AML/CTF risk and execute HomeSend’s AML under the supervision of the Compliance Officer. The main responsibilities include prospects and/or clients risk assessment, acceptance, due diligence measure, business-wide risk assessment…
The candidate must have the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically and be able to partner and work cross-functionally with the various business, operations, finance and engineering teams, in collaboration with the Risk function, the Compliance and the Legal teams.
Manage and execute all aspects of the customer due diligence (at onboarding, during customer reviews and ongoing monitoring), in line with the AML Policy of HomeSend:
- Collect and analyze supporting documents provided by the customer, including identification documents, compare and reconcile the information collected with different sources of information
- Understand the compliance controls in place at the customer and assess the risk level
- Liaise with the business to obtain further required information and to understand the transaction flow
- Perform a risk assessment
- Apply the appropriate due diligence depending on the risk
- Formulate conclusion and recommendations
- Keep records and document efficiently the information collected
- Clear and accurate communication towards the different stakeholders
- Escalate issues when required
- Coordinate between the different team members responsible for AML tasks
- Prepare and deliver trainings on AML to the staff
- Execute or contribute to AML testing
- Report on AML risk to the compliance officer
- Propose updates to the policy where required
- Provide valuable input to feed the Compliance continuous improvement process
- Contribute in increasing and maintaining the expected level of HomeSend’s compliance and compliance mindset
- Support the compliance officer & staff on ad hoc AML/Compliance questions & activities
All About You
• Relevant experience in a similar role
• Experience in a transactional or financial services environment
• Experience with the latest approach in AML risk management
• Detail oriented
• Computer literate
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Fluent in English
• Can do attitude
• Practical problem solver with demonstrated ability to work across functions with multi-disciplinary teams
• Strong communication skills, assertive and diplomatic team worker who works accurately
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills